a. orlando ortiz
the contributing authors are all experts in their own fields, ensuring that the book will hold wide appeal for surgeons, surgical technologists, nuclear medicine physicians, nuclear medicine technologists, and various trainees.show more
the entries are vetted by recognized experts in the field of image-guided intervention. procedural dictations in image-guided intervention: non-vascular, vascular & neuro interventions covers the vast majority of the currently practiced image-guided interventions in the various body systems. this information is supported by up-to-date references and international guidelines. this book is a must-have for residents and fellows undergoing training and all specialists in image-guided intervention.show more
thomas j. vogl
features include: * presentation of the normal radiological anatomy* classification of the different imaging procedures according to their diagnostic relevance* imaging diagnosis with many reference images* precise description of the interventional options the inclusion of many instructive aids will be of particular value to novices in decision making: * important take home messages and summaries of key radiological findings smooth the path through the jungle of facts* numerous tables on differential diagnosis and typical findings in the most common diseases offer a rapid overview and orientation* diagnostic flow charts outline the sequence of diagnostic evaluation all standard procedures within the field of interventional radiology are presented in a clinically relevant and readily understandable way, with an abundance of illustrations. this is a textbook, atlas, and reference in one: with more than 2500 images for comparison with the reader's own findings. this comprehensive and totally up-to-date book provides a superb overview of everything that the radiology specialist of today needs to know.show more
packed with useful information on common procedures in interventional radiology, this popular handbook has been thoroughly updated to keep you up to speed with rapid changes in the field. easy to carry and access, it covers everything you need to know: indications, contraindications, preparation, technique, post-procedure management, and prevention and management of complications. it's ideal not only for practicing interventional and general radiologists, but also for fellows and residents in training, ir nurses, and special procedure technologists. key features * explains how to perform all current interventional radiologic procedures, with a practical focus on protocols and equipment.* includes new content on risk management, nursing management, and drugs and dosages.* features simple line drawings that illustrate relevant anatomy and procedures.* provides must-know information on vascular access and catheter-directed angiography, trans-arterial procedures, trans-venous procedures, non-vascular procedures, and intra-procedural patient management.*
38 additional chapters, available online, cover noninvasive evaluation and diagnostic imaging, special interventions, materials and methods, risk management, and nursing management.now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive ebook edition, which can be ed to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:*complete content with enhanced navigation*powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web*cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation*highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text* ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues*quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
nancy a. obuchowski; g. scott gazelle
this book focuses on educating radiologists, radiation oncologists and others interested in imaging research about how to design and conduct clinical trials to evaluate imaging technology and imaging biomarkers.
this item is non-returnable.
robert j. lewandowski; matthew s. davenport
>drs. robert j. lewandowski and matthew s. davenport have assembled an expert panel of authors on the topic of interventional radiology. articles will include: abdominal biopsy: technical and clinical considerations; intra-arterial therapies for liver masses; liver ablation: best practice; renal intervention; imaging (findings) after intervention; assessing imaging response to therapy; liver masses: imaging evaluation in non-cirrhotics; imaging in cirrhotics: current evidence; renal masses: imaging evaluation; adrenal imaging/intervention; the pancreas; and more
clare m. tempany, mb, bao, bch
guest editors claire tempany and tina kapur review mr-guided interventions in this important issue in mri clinics of north america. articles include: mr sequences and rapid acquisition for mr-guided interventions; mr-guided breast interventions: role in biopsy targeting and lumpectomies; mr-guided passive catheter tracking for endovascular therapy; mrgfus update on clinical applications; mr-guided spine interventions; mr-guided prostate biopsy; interventional mri clinic: the emory experience; mr-guided cardiac interventions; mr-guided functional neurosurgery; mr-guided active catheter tracking; mr-guided drug delivery; mr-guided thermal therapy for localized and recurrent prostate cancer; mr neurography for guiding nerve blocks and its role in pain management; mr-guided gynecologic brachytherapy; and more!
athreya, sriharsha (ed.)
this book is a concise introduction to the interventional radiology field and is designed to help medical students and residents understand the fundamental concepts related to image-guided interventional procedures and determine the appropriate use of imaging modalities in the treatment of various disorders. it covers the history of interventional radiology; radiation safety; equipment; medications; and techniques such as biopsy and drainage, vascular access, embolization, and tumor ablation. the book also describes the indications, patient preparation, post-procedure care, and complications for the most common interventional radiology procedures.
jaime tisnado; rao r. ivatury
interventional radiology in trauma management brings together the insights and expertise of dr. tisnado, an interventional radiologist, and dr. ivatury, a trauma surgeon, to guide surgeons on how to effectively integrate both specialties into their management of trauma patients. this reference book provides comprehensive coverage of the increasingly important role of interventional radiology in the care of trauma patients and will be an essential text for interventional radiologists and surgeons specializing in trauma and critical care.
- emphasizes the importance of a team approach to the care of trauma patients undergoing interventional procedures
- includes chapters on imaging of thoracic, abdominal, and peripheral vascular trauma, complemented by over 600 high-quality images
- describes a wide range of interventional procedures and techniques such as embolotherapy, stenting, and balloon occlusion, in detail
this book will be an indispensable resource for radiologists, trauma surgeons, emergency medicine physicians, and all others involved in the care of trauma patients.
by miltiadis krokidis (editor), irfan ahmed (editor), tarun sabharwal (editor)
challenging concepts in interventional radiology is a cased based guide to the most challenging aspects of interventional radiology and endovascular procedures. the 31 cases have been selected to cover a wide-spectrum of scenarios, from the endovascular repair of thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms to the ablation of lung and kidney tumours.
cases are examined from a multidisciplinary approach with consideration of diagnosis, practical procedures, evidence base, and guidelines. case commentaries from renowned experts in the field provide a useful and high level narrative across each case and compliment the clinical tips and evidence provided throughout.
the collaboration of authorship between trainees and experts provides a unique insight into the management of the most complex and important cases in the radiology field. with a highly user friendly format, the textbook provides clinical tips and expert commentary for easy use in every day clinical practice. suitable for candidates for the european board of interventional radiology exam, fellows of interventional radiology, british society of endovascular therapy fellows and radiologists, challenging concepts in interventional radiology appeals to a wide-ranging level of radiologists.
by anne m. covey (editor), bradley pua (editor), allison aguado (editor), david madoff (editor)
in 104 cases featuring over 500, high-quality images, interventional radiology cases is a thorough and accessible review of the interventional procedures that radiology residents are expected to be familiar with upon completion of residency and general radiologists need to know for recertification examinations. the cases present both benign and malignant conditions and all pertinent imaging modalities incorporated including: ct, mr, pet, fluoroscopy, and ultrasound. part of the cases in radiology series, this book follows the easy-to-use format of question and answer in which the patient history is provided on the first page of the case, and radiologic findings, differential diagnosis, teaching points, next steps in management, and suggestions for furthering reading are revealed on the following page.
by timo krings, sasikhan geibprasert, juan pablo cruz, karel ter brugge
this case-based book presents detailed information on neurovascular anatomy in concise, easily digestible chapters that focus on the importance of understanding anatomy when performing neurointerventional procedures. the case discussions include modern examples of invasive and non-invasive angiographic techniques that are relevant for general radiologists and diagnostic neuroradiologists as well as interventionalists. this book gives readers the detailed knowledge of neurovascular anatomy that allows them to anticipate and avoid potential complications.
- cases are enhanced by more than 1,000 high-quality radiographs covering the full range of neurovascular anatomy
- content focuses on the practical relevance of the anatomical features encountered while performing everyday neurovascular procedures
- anatomy and embryology are explained together, enabling readers to fully comprehend the vascular anatomy and its many variants
- pearls and pitfalls are provided at the end of each chapter, highlighting the critical anatomy points presented
all neuroradiologists, interventionalists, general radiologists, and diagnostic neuroradiologists, as well as residents and fellows in these specialties, will read this book cover to cover and frequently consult it for a quick review before performing procedures.
by lawrence s. chin (editor), william f. regine (editor)
principles and practice of stereotactic radiosurgery, second editionserves as the definitive reference textbook for srs practitioners. it provides a theoretical basis for the use of therapeutic radiation including imaging techniques and radiobiology. the bulk of the textbook contains chapters that are comprehensive in scope on all diseases that are treated by srs. lastly, it addresses administrative and technical aspects of running an srs unit. each chapter provides an expansive treatment of the subject, with emphasis placed on the technical aspects of srs so that practitioners in this field can use it as a daily reference.
written by noted experts in the field, principles and practice of stereotactic radiosurgery, second edition is the only reference needed for neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists and medical physicists at all levels of training and practice who are interested in srs.
by krishna kandarpa, lindsay machan (editor)
the fourth edition of handbook of interventional radiologic procedures features twenty-nine new chapters to keep pace with the rapid growth of interventional radiology. with heavy focus on protocols and equipment, this popular, practical handbook explains how to perform all current interventional radiologic procedures.
each procedure discusses indications, contraindications, preparation, technique, postprocedure management, and prevention and management of complications. this book’s highly regarded outline format that helps readers find information quickly, and its compact size make the handbook of interventional radiologic procedures a portable and indispensable guide for anyone-in training or practice-in the dynamic field of interventional radiology. coverage also includes risk management, nursing management, commonly used medications, and contrast.
inside you’ll find:
new: expanded interventional oncology including radiofrequency ablation
new: ct and mr angiography protocols
new: evar, tevar and endoleaks
new: spinal procedures including vertebroplasty, kyphoplasty and blocks
avoiding and managing of complications
easy-to-understand line art
the book contains black-and-white illustrations.
by donald v. labarge
specialty imaging: pain management: essentials of image-guided procedures is one of the latest titles in the specialty imaging series by amirsys. this extensively illustrated book showcases about 500 high-quality images as a guide to relevant anatomy and procedure steps for the most commonly performed pain management procedures. with amirsys pioneered bulleted text format, information is easily accessible and organized by body region, such as cervical spine, skull base, pelvis, and the vertebral body to name a few. each anatomic region includes a detailed discussion starting with relevant anatomy and followed by the most commonly performed image-guided procedures. as with our other books, key facts sections allow quick reference to the most critical considerations for each procedure. other important features include practice guidance when common problems are encountered during needle placement for pain management injections, introductory sections that review diagnostic imaging techniques, medications, contrast agents, and radiation safety. this essential guide is filled with superior medical illustrations of a variety of modalities, all with correlative concise captions to help make each image informative for both the expert and novice radiologist. specialty imaging: pain management: essentials of image-guided procedures will undoubtedly find a prominent place on the bookshelves of anyone involved in pain management procedures
by stanley h. benedict (editor), david j. schlesinger (editor), steven j. goetsch (editor), brian d. kavanagh (editor)
written by internationally known experts in the field, stereotactic radiosurgery and stereotactic body radiation therapy examines one of the fastest-developing subspecialties within radiation oncology. unlike traditional techniques that deliver many small doses of radiation over days or weeks, stereotactic radiosurgery (srs) and stereotactic body radiation therapy (sbrt) delivers large doses of radiation in one to five sessions to a precisely determined target. often these techniques have proven to be as or more effective than traditional radiation therapy techniques, while at the same time creating efficiencies in cost and patient inconvenience.
these techniques, however, require careful planning, specialized equipment, and well-trained staff. this volume provides a cutting-edge look at the biological and technical underpinnings of srs and sbrt techniques. it includes a history of the development of srs and sbr; clinical applications of the techniques; dedicated devices for delivering precisely shaped, high doses of radiation; use of in-room imaging for treatment planning and treatment guidance; immobilization techniques for accurate targeting; and future developments that will continue to evolve and refine existing techniques. a valuable introduction to those just learning about these specialized techniques, and a fantastic reference for those who are already implementing them, this book covers a wide variety of srt-related topics, with clear discussions of each aspect of the technology employed.
by t. gregory walker
diagnostic imaging: interventional procedures is the first amirsys book focused on procedural guidance for interventional radiologists. dr. gregory walker and his team of renowned radiologists provide fast-reading, bulleted instructions for over 100 common interventional procedures, including neuro, vascular, and non-vascular interventions. this book features over 800 outstanding medical images that include not only ct, mr, and us, but hundreds of pre-, intra-, and post-procedural photographs. all images are fully annotated to highlight the most important diagnostic information. coupled with a companion ebook that includes expanded content and fully searchable text, this ground-breaking volume will become a valued go-to resource for interventional radiologists, radiologists, and vascular surgeons.
- matthew d. tam, weiping wang
access interactive cases on breast imaging for the best board review possible!
part of mcgraw-hill’s radiology case review series, this unique resource challenges you to look at a group of images, determine the diagnosis, answer related questions, and gauge your knowledge by reviewing the answer. it all adds up to the best interactive review of interventional radiology available–one that’s ideal for certification or recertification, or as an incomparable clinical refresher.
distinguished by a cohesive 2-page design, each volume in this series is filled with cases, annotated images, questions & answers, pearls, and relevant literature references that will efficiently prepare you for virtually any exam topic. the book’s cases are crosslinked to an online component that includes full-resolution images, interactive image stacks, discussions and extra teaching points that reinforce your grasp of must-know interventional radiology topics.
radiology case review series features
- 200 cases for each volume, which consist of:
- precise, state-of-the-art images accompanied by questions and answers, descriptions of the entities, insightful clinical pearls, and reference lists
- intensive coverage of fundamental radiology principles, the latest diagnostic imaging techniques, radiology equipment, new technologies, and more
- unique 2-page format for each case, which features:
- images with 5 questions on the right-hand page
- magnifications, annotations, and detailed answers on the verso page–a benefit that you’ll only find in this exceptional series!
- informative, bulleted comments box that provides important additional context for each case
- cases organized and coded by difficulty level allowing you to evaluate your proficiency before progressing to the next level
- radiology-relevant scrolling and stacking function
- a dedicated interactive website–accessible via scratch-off code for each volume in the series–enables you to:
- scroll the images from each case in the text as well as stack images (display multiple views of an image)
- zoom in and out, or scroll up and down, to highlight specific details of a subject
- access additional images for each case using the case id number from the text
- lakshmi ratnam (editor),
- uday patel (editor),
- anna-maria belli (editor)
this book provides an easy-to-use manual that will help trainee and practising interventional radiologists by providing cases which cover most of the complications that a general interventionalist may encounter in normal practice. there will be 40-50 cases. the cases will be presented succinctly but thoroughly, such that the reader is equipped to manage the complication immediately. at least 50% of cases will be from district general hospital consultants.
- stephen t kee, md, fsir, professor of radiology, chief, interventional radiology, ucla health sciences, los angeles, california
- david c madoff, md, professor of radiology, chief, division of interventional radiology, new york-presbyterian hospital/weill cornell medical center, new york, new york
- ravi murthy, md, facp, professor of radiology, interventional radiology section, division of diagnostic imaging, university of texas, md anderson cancer center, houston, texas
adhere to best practices and achieve best outcomes with clinical interventional oncology! loosely structured around the concept of a “tumor board,” this groundbreaking oncology reference delivers a comprehensive arsenal of information on the techniques and treatment protocols surrounding chemoembolizations, tumor ablations, minimally invasive tumor biopsies, and other interventional oncologic procedures. ideal for all members of the cancer care team, it provides the “how to” guidance you need on the clinical, evidence-based application of each interventional procedure.
- offer your patients the best care. evidence-based findings and practical tips equip you with the knowledge you need to recommend and implement the most effective cancer treatment options with your patients.
- master all image-guided interventional oncologic procedures currently in practice for the interventional treatment of tumors and lesions in liver, lung, renal, pancreatic, brain, neck, colorectal, skin, prostate, bone, and soft tissue cancers.
- broaden your understanding and refine your skills with comprehensive coverage of stents, venous and arterial ports, and interventional procedures for palliative care.
- quickly and easily find the information you need. a templated, easy-to-reference format organized by organ system includes anatomy, biology, imaging principles, and procedures integrated throughout each chapter.
- experience clinical oncology scenarios with vivid clarity through a full-color design complete with an abundance of high-quality anatomic and multimodality images.
- access the fully searchable text and over 800 images online with expert consult.
- jeffrey j. peterson, md, assistant professor of radiology, mayo medical school, mayo clinic, jacksonville, florida
- douglas s. fenton, md, assistant professor of radiology, mayo medical school, mayo clinic, jacksonville, florida
- leo f. czervionke, md, associate professor of radiology, mayo medical school, mayo clinic, jacksonville, florida
this new book is the first book on musculoskeletal injections and interventions written by a team of interventional radiologists. no other book has as many images, all with the highest quality resolution. the concise and user-friendly format gives the busy clinician all the information needed to treat musculoskeletal pain. it covers all major joint interventions for shoulder; hip and pelvis;knee; elbow; wrist and hand; ankle and foot; and soft tissue. each major entity has full color anatomic illustrations that compliment the hundreds of high quality radiographic images.
- matthew a. mauro, md,facr, the ernest h. wood distinguished professor of radiology and surgery;chairman, department of radiology, chief of interventional radiology, university of north carolina school of medicine, chapel hill, north carolina
- kieran p.j. murphy, md, frcpc, fsir, vice chair and director of research, professor of neurointerventional radiology, department of medical imaging, university of toronto faculty of medicine, toronto, ontario, canada
- kenneth r. thomson, md, franzcr, professor of radiology, monash university faculty of medicine, nursing, and health sciences, director, radiology department, alfred hospital, melbourne, victoria, australia
- anthony c. venbrux, md, director, cardiovascular and interventional radiology, george washington university school of medicine and health sciences, washington, dc
- robert a. morgan, mbchb, mrcp, frcr, ebir, consultant, vascular and interventional radiologist, radiology department, st. george’s nhs trust, london, united kingdom
image-guided interventions, a title in the expert radiology series, brings you in-depth and advanced guidance on all of today’s imaging and procedural techniques. whether you are a seasoned interventionalist or trainee, this single-volume medical reference book offers the up-to-the-minute therapeutic methods necessary to help you formulate the best treatment strategies for your patients. the combined knowledge of radiology experts from around the globe provides a broad range of treatment options and perspectives, equipping you to avoid complications and put today’s best approaches to work in your practice.
new to this edition
- make optimal use of the latest interventional radiology techniques with new chapters covering ablation involving microwave and irreversible electroporation; aortic endografts with fenestrated grafts and branch fenestrations; thoracic endografting (tevar); catheter-based cancer therapies involving drug-eluting beads; sacroiliac joint injections; bipedal lymphangiography; pediatric gastrostomy and gastrojejunostomy; and peripartum hemorrhage.
- know what to look for and how to proceed with the aid of over 2,650 state-of-the-art images demonstrating interventional procedures, in addition to full-color illustrations emphasizing key anatomical structures and landmarks.
- quickly reference the information you need through a functional organization highlighting indications and contraindications for interventional procedures, as well as tables listing the materials and instruments required for each.
- access the fully searchable contents, online-only material, and all of the images online at expert consult.
- formulate the best treatment plans for your patients with step-by-step instructions on important therapeutic radiology techniques, as well as discussions on equipment, contrast agents, pharmacologic agents, antiplatelet agents, and protocols.
- make effective clinical decisions with the help of detailed protocols, classic signs, algorithms, and sir guidelines.
- kahn, thomas
- busse, harald
magnetic resonance imaging (mri) has become one of the most powerful diagnostic tools in modern medicine, with a number of well-known advantages in terms of image quality, functional imaging options, and patient safety. the idea of using this enormous potential also for interventional purposes may seem obvious, but it took major efforts by engineers, physicists, and clinicians to come up with dedicated interventional techniques and scanners, and improvements are still ongoing. since the inception of interventional mri in the mid-1990s, the numbers of settings, techniques, and clinical applications have increased dramatically. this state of the art book covers all aspects of interventional mri. the more technical contributions offer an overview of the fundamental ideas and concepts and present the available instrumentation. the richly illustrated clinical contributions, ranging from mri-guided biopsies to completely mri-controlled therapies in various body regions, provide detailed information on established and emerging applications and identify future trends and challenges.
- covers the entire spectrum of mri-guided interventions throughout the body
- provides detailed information on interventional techniques and systems
- reflects the current state of the art
- includes numerous clinical examples with photos
- turmel-rodrigues, luc
- renaud, claude j.
this is the first textbook entirely dedicated to the endovascular treatment of complications related to arteriovenous accesses for hemodialysis (native fistulas and prosthetic grafts). the book addresses the anatomy of upper limb arteries and veins as well as the clinical presentation of patients and the way to perform and read a fistulogram. many details and illustrations are provided, clarifying the subtleties in catheterization and the dilation of stenoses. from a strategic point of view, it is explained for the first time that many stenoses must either be ignored or deliberately underdilated. many images help understand the different stages of recovery from thrombosed accesses. the number of incident dialysis patients increases by 5 % every year, which means that this is a field of growing interest. there are several annual or bi-annual meetings held by numerous national or international societies (vascularaccesssociety.com, sfav.org, vasmad.org, dialysiscontroversies.org, asdin.org).
- this is the first lavishly illustrated book dedicated to all strategic, diagnostic aspects and techniques dealing with the complications of arteriovenous accesses for hemodialysis by interventional radiologists
- beginners find many technical details on the most common interventions
- experienced practitioners will discover original ideas on how to address the more complex cases
- advice on the strategies are based on the results of the literature and on recommendations of national and international societies
- the book is intended for all physicians, radiologists, surgeons, nephrologists and other specialists involved in the endovascular treatment of the dialysis fistulas
- andreas h. mahnken (editor),
- kai e. wilhelm (editor),
- jens ricke (editor)
interventional radiology is an indispensable and still expanding area of modern medicine that encompasses numerous diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. the revised and extended second edition of this volume covers a broad range of non-vascular interventions guided by ct or mr imaging. indications, materials, techniques, and results are all carefully discussed. a particularly comprehensive section is devoted to interventional oncology as the most rapidly growing branch of interventional radiology. in addition, detailed information is provided that will assist in establishing and developing an interventional service. this richly illustrated book will be a most valuable source of information and guidance for all radiologists who deal with non-vascular procedures.
interventional radiology is an indispensable and still expanding area of modern medicine that encompasses numerous diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. cross-sectional imaging modalities such as computed tomography (ct) and magnetic resonance (mr) have emerged as important techniques for non-vascular interventions, including percutaneous biopsy, drainage, ablation, and neurolysis. various organs, diseases, and lesions can be approached in this way, permitting the treatment and management of tumors, fluid collections, and pain, the embolization of endoleaks, the provision of access to hollow organs, etc. accordingly, interventional radiology is now an integral component of the interdisciplinary management of numerous disorders. the revised and significantly extended second edition of this volume covers a broad range of non-vascular interventions guided by ct or mr imaging. indications, materials, techniques, and results are all carefully discussed. a particularly comprehensive section is devoted to interventional oncology as the most rapidly growing branch of interventional radiology. in addition, detailed information is provided that will assist in establishing and developing an interventional service. this richly illustrated book will be a most valuable source of information and guidance for all radiologists who deal with non-vascular procedures.
- scott j. savader
- scott o. trerotola
the world’s most authoritative work on the topic of venous intervention. — gary j. becker, md
in the three years since publication of the first edition, venous interventions have increased to the point that they now constitute up to 75% of a typical day’s procedures in most vascular and interventional radiology practices. these procedures are extremely important to the interventionalist, vascular surgeon, internist, payer, and of course, to the patient, who depends on them being performed with skill and care.
in this book, you have at your fingertips the most comprehensive, thorough and systematic approach to venous interventional radiology available today. the second edition has been fully updated and expanded by 14 chapters and includes many more clinical correlations. you will find full coverage of underlying concepts, techniques and procedures, including:
- hot venous topics such as peripheral venous thrombolysis for deep vein thrombosis, treatment of failing and failed hemodialysis access, placement and management of ports, diagnosis and intervention for thromboembolic disease, and the use of temporary inferior vena cava filters
- the all important clinical perspective, covering not only the disease process, but also the patient workup, outcome analysis, indications, contraindications, risks and cost effectiveness of each procedure
- an important chapter on surgical options added to the chapter on chronic venous insufficiency
- hundreds of clear illustrations and photographs that highlight every topic
for both the interventionalist, who will find the book a blueprint to the field, and the clinician, who will refer to it as an outstanding source of patient management guidance on new interventional procedures, this book is essential.
- olav jansen (author),
- hartmut brueckmann (author)
invaluable for all members of the stroke team, this expertly written book compiles the full range of diagnostic and interventional therapeutic techniques for acute stroke now in use in modern clinical settings throughout the world. from advanced neuroimaging studies to state-of-the art endovascular therapies, it covers the materials, instruments, devices, procedures, and strategies that lead to optimal results, and most benefit the patient, during this time-critical event.
- an interdisciplinary approach
- provides detailed how-to descriptions of all endovascular stroke treatment techniques, periprocedural monitoring, and instrumentation, with a focus on implementing these methods in everyday practice
- logically organized in didactically structured chapters on diagnosis and treatment, with sections on acute ischemic stroke, acute venous occlusions, and supra-aortic extra- and intracranial stenoses, including their etiology, pathogenesis, symptoms, imaging studies, and recommended therapies for each condition
- written by a team of renowned international specialists, who provide advice, recommendations, and practical guidelines in every chapter
- discusses the stents, retrievers, filters, and balloon systems in use today
- includes nearly 300 key images taken with the latest generation of imaging equipment
- shares helpful clinical insights in sidebar notes, cautions, tips and advice, possible complications, sources of error, and useful chapter summaries/conclusions
for all neuroradiologists, radiologists, neurosurgeons, and neurologists who need concise, clinically relevant information on front-line interventional techniques for stroke treatment and prevention, this book is essential. it reviews all current methods, rates their efficacies, and makes progress toward a uniformity of protocols that can be applied in all practices managing stroke patients.