powered by handmark, the dictionary of dentistry contains over 4,000 definitions covering the key terms and concepts used in dentistry today. written clearly and concisely, with more than 100 illustrative line drawings, the volume covers a broad range of topics, including primary care, anatomy and comparative anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, radiography, orthodontics, periodontology, restorative dentistry, dental public health, pediatric dentistry, oral surgery, pharmacology, sedation, implantology, ethics, and oral medicine.
the app also discusses drugs, techniques, and instruments of historical interest as well as a number of people who have made important contributions to dentistry. the principal muscles, nerves, arteries, veins, foramina, and sinuses of the head and neck together with illustrations are grouped together as appendices: also included is a further reading list, and a list of common symbols and abbreviations. a key feature of this book is the recommended web links for over 100 entries, which are accessed and kept up to date via the dictionary of dentistry companion website. this volume is an essential guide for dentists and dental students, and for all members of the dental team.
+ a handy guide for dental practitioners and dental students
+ over 4,000 concise definitions covering all the important terms and concepts used in dentistry today
+ defines terms in a broad range of dental specialist areas, including primary care, radiography, orthodontics, periodontology, and restorative dentistry
+ entries on some drugs, techniques, or instruments of historical interest included, as well as a number of biographies of individuals who have made a very significant contribution to dentistry
+ over 100 illustrative line drawings supplementing many entries, including illustrations of the anatomical structure of the head and neck
+ recommended web links for many entries, accessed and kept up to date via the dictionary of dentistry companion website
+ no wireless connection required
+ buy one application and use it on your iphone or ipad, optimized for both devices!
+ brand-new integrated design is accessible, clear, and easy to use.
+ fuzzy search to help find those difficult to spell words.
+ share entries via email, facebook and twitter
i am a first year dental student and i use this app all of the time.
not what i was expecting. this app has just a “little” bit more info then wikipedia. might as well use wiki and save yourself the expense of this app. not worth it.
needs more content and pictures
- publisher:handmark, inc., feb 03, 2011
- version: 1.0.0
- size: 76.9 mb
- language: english
- requirements: ios 3.1 or later
myron allukian, jr., dds, mph, oral health consultant, masachusetts league ò community, health centers and lutheran medical center;
larry l. cunnungham, jr, dds, md, facs, associate professor and residency director, division of oral and maxillofacial surgery, university of kentucky
- the point-by-point outline format conveys essential data and key points in a clean, streamlined fashion, eliminating the need to sift through thick, heavy paragraphs to find important facts.
- the exam-based progression of topics allows users to familiarize themselves with content in the same order in which they will encounter it on the exam, and to build conclusions based on previously presented material.
- each section features 100 review questions that highlight important points of each topic and prepare students for both the exam content and testing procedures.
- an answer key with rationales illustrates logical approaches students should use in answering exam questions and reinforces principles addressed in each section.
- tables and text boxes provide supplementary information and emphasize important data from the core text at a glance.
- included case study cd-rom presents detailed case scenarios that challenge students to apply the knowledge to real-world scenarios, just as they will be required to do on part ii of the exam.
i give this book 5 stars for being very concise yet thorough and for helping me score highly on the exam.
- paperback: 448 pages
- publisher: mosby (april 23, 2007)
- language: english
- isbn-10: 032302565x
- isbn-13: 978-0323025652
- product dimensions: 10.8 x 8.4 x 0.7 inches
- shipping weight: 2 pounds